Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday

Time always passes faster when it is vacation/holiday. The four-day Thanksgiving long weekend is over and I am back to work again.

It was a relaxed holiday. Of course, we had about 3 inches snow and the temperature dropped down to 30s and wind chill 10s. Not the best weather but at least it was sunny. On Thursday, I got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner and decided to make the sweet potato ball as the dessert dish. I mixed the smashed sweet potato, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and nutmeg and formed the ball with a marshmallow in the center. Then, I coated it with the mix of cinnamon, sugar and coconut flakes and baked for 15 minutes. Let it cool for 30 minutes and serve warm. Very nice taste and the friends' kids could not even tell them were sweet potato and ate them all.

I did manage to get up around 6am for some black Friday shopping. However, it was still not early enough to get those door buster in Best Buy/Target for $3 50-pack DVD+R Rom thing. So, I ended of buying nothing and just enjoyed watching the crowd.

And I just relaxed at home for the rest of 2 days and visited a cake decoration store that I just found close by and got some stuff for the Christmas cookies and cakes.

4 comments:

DEREK said...

now that's some cold weather.

Ice John's World said...

Aw, well, it is even worse today. It is only 12'F outside and will snow about 5". And I am heading to airport to fly to Finland for work. Hope that I will not be stuck in the airport.

jimmycity said...

That looks delicious. Nice presentation as well. You are the best!

Ice John's World said...

Thanks,Jimmy!