Thursday, September 11, 2008

Typhoon Approaches And Ruins the Moon Festival

The typhoon Sinlaku has turned into a 200 mph level 4 typhoon and will impact Taipei tonight and the following 3 days. It was supposed to be Moon festival on this coming Sunday but now I think all the celebrations, picnics and outdoor concerts will all have to be cancelled for local people here. I will just stay home with my parents and watch TV I think. The 60% high humidty and the 90'F (34'F) weather really drives me crazy. Even the smallest movement will cause me sweat a lot.



My sister and I accompanies my mom to her doctor appointment yesterday so the doctor could do a more detailed check and took more tissue samples from the possible cencer infected area. The result would take almost a week to come out but my sister has used her connections so that the result
will be available sooner. We will plan to go back to review the result with the doc to decide how soon the surgery can be performed to remove the infected area. Hope that they can perform the procedure before my planned flight back to US schedule.

No comments: