Monday, July 12, 2010

Three Kids Birthday Treats!

Busy busy summer days! After hosting an out-of-town friend on last Thursday day night, I had to use my Friday night and Saturday to make 3 birthday treats for my 10-year-old nephew and twin 8-year-old nieces for their birthday party on this past Sunday. Their birthdays are just one day apart so I really had to work hard and almost no weekend! One of the twin girls wanted a cake so I made this circus tent cake. It was a pineapple cake with grape jelly filling and lemon frosting. It had roof and windows made of fruit roll-up candies and door and chimney made of chocolate bars! The cake was moisture and delicious!

The other half One of the twin girls just loves anything purple. So I made this palm size of chocolate chop cookie with a big two-tone purple vanilla frosting rose for her. The rose petals contain 2 shades of purple colors. In addition, she also wanted lemon sorbet so I made that too!

The boy wanted a big chocolate chip cookie cake as the one he saw in the bakery store. So I actually went to the bakery section in the grocery for some research. I ended of making the classic toll house chocolate chip cookies in 8-in round pan size. Of course, this one was made in my gluten free version. Lots of desserts for everybody in the kids birthday party and it was a success!

5 comments:

Alyssa Cree said...

they look great! and we yummy :) niice work

Jim said...

They all look delicious. My birthday is coming up...so you know what to do. LOL

Ice John's World said...

Thanks for the nice comments, Lyss and Jim!

Mary said...

Wow, that's really cool! You must have had an amazingly busy weekend though, baking three cakes. hehehehe I sure could go for some sweet cake. LOL

Milind said...

It looks great and yummy i want to eat it....

Christmas Text Messages