Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes and Margarita Cheese Cake

ice cream coneTime passes fast! The summer suddenly arrives and it has already almost in the middle of the summer now. I have been a bad blogger here but it is so busy always in the summer since everybody here wants take advantage of the short warm days.

It was the birthday for my nephew and twin nieces on this past weekend. I made these cute cupcakes baked right in the ice cream cones. Topped with either vanilla or chocolate frosting or both! Decorated like the real ice cream! Kids love them!

margaritaFor the 4th of July weekend, I made an interesting cheese cake that features triple-sec, margarita mix, and tequila, condensed milk, cream cheese and whipped cream in the filling. Then it is topped with triple-sec, margarita mix, and tequila frozen gels. I got this recipe from a LJ blogger friend. And it is really great! Cool and tasty, best for the hot summer!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, that's really wonderful!! I love dessert. The ice cream shaped dessert looks interesting. hehehe Did you make any cake pops yet? Those look pretty cool too. hehe

Ice John's World said...

Thanks, Mary! I did think about making cake pops but it was kind of messy and my nieces and nephew were not that exciting about those so it was dropped.

Jeff said...

Wow! That does look like a good cake.. How many slices can you have before driving?! :)