Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tree Fell

Guess how I spent my Saturday? To be a lumberjack! The long raining days last week finally took the toll on one of the trees in the garden. Even though it has been sunny for a couple of days recently, the dirt was still very wet. A big chunk of the tree fell on the ground sometime on Saturday early morning and I did not find out until the breakfast yesterday.

After checking the root of the tree closely, it seemed that the tree trunk just bent for no obvious reason. And the mosquitoes were really really bad. I got almost 10 bites all over my body when I just tried to take the pictures. Anyway, after applying some mosquito fog spray, we were able to use chain saw to cut down the falling part of the tree to pieces so we could put them in a pile to wait for the yard waste collection on Monday. Let me tell you, it was not a fun task to do in the temperature of 90F and 70% humidity for 3 hours.

Made some delicious plum berry crumble last night. I will try to post some pictures of it later.

No comments: